1st College of Charleston German-American Business Summit
The College of Charleston’s German Program, School of Languages, Cultures, and World Affairs, Career Center, and School of Business, in cooperation with the German American Chamber of Commerce of the Southern US, would like to invite you to the 1st College of Charleston German-American Business Forum, in Charleston, South Carolina, on February 2, 2017.
The event targets German companies in South Carolina and the Southeastern US that are seeking to establish stronger ties to undergraduate education in the region, and focuses on workforce needs for German industry in the state.
Date, Venue and Program
|Date: February 2, 2017
Location: Stern Center Ballroom, College of Charleston
Address: 71 George Street, Charleston SC, 29401
12:00 pm – 1:45 pm: Job and Internship Expo in the Stern Center Ballroom
HR recruiting tables at the expo will include the following companies: Mercedes-Benz Vans, BMW, Bosch LLC, IFA Rotorion, Continental Tire, Hubner, KION, Stoebich Fire Protection, and the German American Chamber of Commerce of the Southeastern US.
2:00 pm: Welcome
- Glenn McConnell, President of the College of Charleston
2:05 pm: Welcome and Introduction
- Dr. Timothy Johnson, Interim Dean of the School of Languages, Cultures and World Affairs
2:10-2:30 pm: German-American partnerships between Industry and Higher Education
- Dr. Robin Mishra, Minister-Counselor, Head of Science and Technology, Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
2:30 pm Welcome and Introduction
- Dr. Alan Shao, Dean, School of Business
2:35 pm Keynote Address: “Building Bridges between German Industry and Higher Education in South Carolina.”
- Sam Moses, Parker Poe Attorneys and Counselors at Law
3:10 pm - 3:25 pm: Coffee Break/Networking3:25 pm – 4:55 pm: Panel Discussion: “Workforce Needs for German Industry in South Carolina”
- Moderator: Stephen Della Lana, Senior Instructor of German, Program Coordinator of CofC's Cultural Vistas Summer Internship to Germany
- Michael Balke, CEO, Mercedes-Benz Vans LLC
- Max Metcalf, Manager-Government and Community Relations for BMW Manufacturing Co.
- Mauro Amarante, President & CEO, IFA Rotorion - North America LLC
- Dr. Peter von Wartenberg, Senior Vice President, Commercial Plant Management, Bosch LLC
Looking for a way to highlight your company’s presence in the state and region? Become a sponsor of our Business summit! Contact John King for information on how to become a sponsor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current sponsors of the Summit
Job and Internship Expo
Looking to establish a pipeline to new talent and get the word out about your company’s presence in the region? Register for a booth at the Job and Internship Expo from 12:00 - 1:45pm, open to College of Charleston students and the public! Space is limited; contact John King to reserve a spot at email@example.com.
Register and secure your seat at the summit by contacting John King at firstname.lastname@example.org.